|9/26/2012 2:59:00 PM|
HDCA ANNOUNCES "Paint the Town Pink"
CHELAN - The Historic Downtown Association (HDCA) encourages everyone to think pink, wear pink, and join the fun of "Paint the Town Pink", the First Friday event planned for Oct. 5, 2012.
Paint the Town Pink will take place in Historic Downtown Chelan from 5:00pm to 8:00pm on Friday, October 5. A variety of pink oriented activities have been planned in honor of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
First Friday Chairperson, Barb Koenig (Main Street Gallery owner) said, "Paint the Town Pink provides fun and interesting activities to help support a serious and important cause-breast cancer awareness. I hope people will wear pink, come have fun, and 'Help Chase Breast Cancer Away' by dropping a donation in the pink ribboned jars found at participating merchants."
Paint the Town Pink activities line Woodin Ave. in Historic Downtown Chelan and include:
· "Help Chase Breast Cancer Away" - join Soroptimist International of Chelan's fight against breast cancer by submitting registration and pledge forms for the Chelan Chase, a 5k walk/run, slated for Oct. 20th.
· Show Your Support - Donate to the Soroptimist's fight against breast cancer - look for donation jars with pink ribbon sticks at participating merchants. Plus, wear something pink to show your support!
· Add a Link to the Pink Paper Ribbon Chain - St. Andrew's Episcopal Church and Soroptimists help remember breast cancer survivors and loved ones who passed away. The completed chain will be on St. Andrew's altar the following Sunday for special blessings and then used as the finish line at the Chase.
· Kids Create -3 different activities bring out the creative side of kids:
1. Volunteers help kids create personalized pink ribbon sticks.
2. The Lake Chelan Historical Museum offers a surprise craft for kids to make.
3. MOE's Afters Program provides a paper bag scarecrow art project as well as math games, prizes and information about their after school programs.
· Family Fun - Riverwalk Books invites you to "come play with us!" and discover games by Blue Orange. The Story Book Lady reads to kids at Main Street Gallery.
· Pets in the Pink - Whaley's General Store features "pretty in pink" dog items and the Wenatchee Valley Humane Society shares photos of adorable, adoptable pets.
· Taste the Pink - Culinary Apple offers samples of pink Amaretto fudge.
· Artists in Action - Renee Healy, water color and mixed media artist, is featured at Main Street Gallery.
· Welcome Mahogany & Merlot - an antique/classic boats and hydroplane event happening this weekend showcases an unlimited hydro in the Coldwell Banker parking lot.
For more information about HDCA, please visit www.historicchelan.org or phone the HDCA office at 509.682.4322.
Article Comment Submission Form