|11/13/2012 9:29:00 AM|
Manson Business Advisory: Snowflakes up, downtown needs decorating
|By Kim Ustanik|
Manson Business Advisory
Thanks, Manson Kiwanis, Ron Trickett and Shannon Regan! For getting the wonderful Snowflakes up... and the 4th of July DOWN J It looks beautiful! The Christmas Train is on its way!
Manson Community Council - the 11/14/12 meeting that I sent the change notice for HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO LACK OF QUORUM. This meeting has been RESCHEDULED for
· DECEMBER 4, 2012, 6PM, MANSON PARKS OFFICE.
PLEASE, take the time to sit in on a MCC meeting; they WANT our support for their efforts. These people are working very hard to represent US. Let your voice be heard and help give them direction. Thanks!
DATES - Please note and post
11/17 - Volunteers needed to help with downtown Manson holiday decorating. Please meet at the Village Center at 9am. Thanks!
11/17 - Downtown Open Houses - time to kick off the holiday season!
· 'Tis the Season Beer & Cheese Warm-up, Lake Chelan Brewery (right next to the Village Market) 4-7pm
· The Songs of Christmas, Allisons of Manson Holiday Open House, 5:30-8pm
11/22 - HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!
11/23-25 - Fall Barrel Tasting at all your Lake Chelan Valley wineries!
11/24 - Christmas in the Village - Manson's Holiday Lighting Celebration: Start the Christmas season with warmth and fun in downtown Manson Village! Local specials and activities all day and into the evening; Celebrate with Santa Claus and all the Manson Elves!
9am-3pm Holiday Extravaganza - Regional Crafts, Christmas gifts, baked goods & MORE! Lunch will be available to support Manson Apple Blossom Festival!
11am-2pm SANTA ARRIVES by Fire Truck to Allisons of Manson! Santa pictures, too!
12pm-4pm CMEF Holiday Fun at the Tasting Room - Holiday gifts and activities for kids, young and old support Chelan Manson Educational Foundation.
3pm-6pm SANTA at the Village Center & HOLIDAY TREE LIGHTING - Pictures, cocoa, candy canes, wine, & cheese from Fromaggio and CR Sandidge, and the Lake Chelan Art Alliance CHRISTMAS SHOP! Help light the Manson Christmas Tree at 6pm with caroling led by the Jolly Man himself!
LOCAL SPECIALS Dinner, Lunch, gifts, and more! Wineries and Merchants offering you the joys of the season - many open late, too!
11/27 - Manson Business Advisory meeting, 10am, Mountain View Lodge
· Kiwanis meet every Wednesday, 6:30pm for Dinner, Manson Grange Community Center - EVERYONE welcome!
· Grange meets 2nd and 4th Thursday, 7pm, Manson Grange Community Center - Please join!
· Manson School District always wants to hear from its community! Input or questions can be directed to Superintendent Charlton at 687-9877 or check out the website at www.manson.org.
PLEASE RUN / PLEASE VOTE - important
Manson Community Council is the entity that is (supposed to be) our VOICE with the Chelan County Commissioners. This system works very well, but only if we are truly ALL represented. In an unincorporated community it is our RESPONSIBILITY to make this system function properly. Currently, the MCC has had an OPEN seat for the entire last year. PLEASE, consider supporting their VERY IMPORTANT EFFORTS that affect us all by sitting at the table with them to represent the citizens of Manson. THEN, VOTE. Woohoo! We are almost done with the 2012 election season, but not quite. Your vote counts! Here's how you can take part:
· Petitions for those interested in running are available NOW, at the Lake Chelan Reclamation office in Manson at 80 West Wapato Way. Call them at (509) 687-3548 for office hours or stop on by!
· Candidate must be a registered voter in the Manson precincts.
· Completed petition for MCC board candidate must have the signatures of (ONLY) 10 other registered voters from Manson precincts.
· Completed petition must be submitted to the current Secretary, Jama England, no later than 10 days prior to election; 12/1/2012. You can contact her at email@example.com for more information.
· VOTE: 12/11/12 - MCC bylaws state the election day as the 2nd Tuesday in December. Location details should be released soon.
THEN the election season will be over. J
Manson Business Owners - Please show off the friendliness and welcoming attitude of our community, not only to visitors, but to locals as well. Join in the Holiday Spirit and DECORATE! Woohoo! Throw a snowball and share a smile while you're out there!
Whew! Seems like things should be slowing down; "off season," snow, holidays, and all. BUT, they're not! What a wonderful season to share with friends and family. Don't stay inside! Get out and see the joy and fun right here in Manson, see Christmas in the Village, and bring your family!
Happy Holidays, Everyone!!!
Wishing you peace and joy,
Manson Business Advisory
A Committee of the Lake Chelan Chamber of Commerce
Article Comment Submission Form